Claudine Ickeringill Optometrists Ltd. (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOLD
- Name, address, DOB, telephone numbers, email addresses, GP details (if required), ocular health and optical dispensing records.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer provision of services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Claudine Ickeringill Optometrists Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored as a combination of hard copy and electronically on our secure system.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and internal marketing. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU
Our Cookies enable us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Pay sales commissions.
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your Internet browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
WEBSITE FUNCTION COOKIES – OUR OWN COOKIES
- Determining if you are logged in or not.
- Allowing you to add comments to our site.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
SOCIAL WEBSITE COOKIES
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest we have included sharing buttons on our site.
COOKIES ARE SET BY: FACEBOOK, TWITTER
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
VISITOR STATISTICS COOKIES
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
We use: Google Analytics
TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website (and a large proportion of the world’s other websites) as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You have the “Right To Erasure” as per the GDPR Act. Should you wish to exercise this right please contact the Data Protection Officer.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.